Terms and conditions of your move!
1- By accessing/navigating/examining our website or otherwise “using” this website, substitutes your acceptance to our terms and conditions set forth. These are the terms and conditions of 404 Movers set forth as an agreement/online agreement between the Carrier (404 Movers) and the Client (you).
2- Paying for your movea) Payment is due before loading customers truck or at the destination or storage unit. Offload time will be estimated and any difference will be immediately refunded. We do not provide payment plans! By signing this contract you are letting us know that you have the finances necessary to cover the costs of your move. Unfortunately, a small percentage of customers hire us without the means to pay or intention to pay for services rendered. For those few who this is directed at that from the start never intended to ever pay, please be aware that in Georgia this is will be prosecuted under the theft of services laws/statutes and will subject the offender to criminal, as well as civil penalties. No claims for damages or any other form of redress will be entertained until FULL payment for services has been made!
b) Moves to storage units moves or into customers truck, foreclosures and evictions are Via Cash App to $404Movers or Zelle (email@example.com).
c) Types of payments accepted:- VISA, Mastercard, American Express, NO Checks UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Cash is also not accepted. To avoid credit card fees please prepare to pay via cash app ($404Movers) or Zelle firstname.lastname@example.org Credit cards must match the driver’s license number of the person paying. If the person paying is a third party, we require a credit card authorization form to be signed! We cannot accept a credit card from a person who is not present.
d) Hours-Weekday moves have a 2 HOUR MINIMUMS Weekend moves have 3 HOUR MINIMUMS Holiday moves have a 3 HOUR MIMIMUM
e) Card on file:-Credit cards and debit cards used in reference to your move will be considered as cards on file for payments
f) Credit card convenience fee-We charge a 3% credit card convenience fee for ALL credit card payments and a $2.80 fee is added to the reservation fee as well. Only $100 will be deducted from your final bill and not $103.00!
g) Financing: 404 Movers does not provide financing at this time
h) Billing errors: If a billing error is found when accounting audits the file (post-move), the customer agrees to remit the remaining balance owed. This can happen after VERY long moves and even after a short move…we are all human and mistakes can and do happen every now and then. A billing error does not absolve a customer of his/her responsibility to pay the difference!
h) Storage unit moves: 404Movers WILL only accept cash or cash app ($404Movers) for moves into storage units! Please plan accordingly. We cannot accept credit cards or personal checks for moves into storage units! Across the industry, the percentage of non-pays or false chargebacks on these types of moves has made this the only prudent way to proceed for payment! Cash or cash app ($404Movers) is due before offloading at the destination.i) Public Holiday Rates if we decide to run crews at all on those days: Public Holidays. eg Memorial Day, Labor Day, Easter, Xmas etc will have an additional hourly charge tacked onto the base rate as follows.
2 Men = ($20/HR to the base rate) eg if the hourly rate for 2 men is $175 it will then be $195/hr on public holidays3 Men =( $30/HR to the base rate) eg if the hourly rate for 3 men is $199 it will then be $119/hr on public holidays4 Men =( $40/HR to the base rate) eg if the hourly rate for 4 men is $250 it will then be $270/hr on public holidays
3-Cancellations-You MUST notify us by email 96 hours (4 Days) before the date of your move in order to have 100% of your reservation fee refunded to you! After the 96 hour (4Days) period before your move, 100% of the reservation fee is non-refundable. We work in good faith to provide service to our customers and do understand that circumstances do change. We do not charge date change fees. Should your intended move date change, please do let us know ASAP, so that we can try to accommodate you & so that we can fill the void in our schedule and mitigate the potential losses this can cause.
4-Distances-over 50 Miles (this is from our office in 30315 zip code to the destination and back) may incur additional charges.
5–We do not transport chemicals of any kind including, but not limited to propane, fertilizer, paint, thinners and gasoline. Anything flammable we cannot transport! In short if, it can blow up and/or is chemically corrosive—we can’t carry it on the trucks! Customer warrants that all propane tanks and dangerous chemicals will not be given to movers to move whether boxed or unboxed. The customer also agrees that if an item is found to be flammable, that it will be left at origin and will be the responsibility of the client to transport to the destination. Gasoline in lawnmowers or any other equipment can also not be put on trucks unless the equipment has been drained completely.
6- Wall damage: More and more we are seeing a trend towards larger and heavier (oversized) furniture (especially couches) and smaller and smaller hallways, doorways and accessways being built as developers/architects try to fit more living space on less land. Shipper understands that oversized furniture does not easily fit through small hallways, stairwells, doorways, and accessways. This is especially true for furniture that was not designed for apartments. Carrier will advise customers of this possibility before trying to fit oversized items in or out of premises. Even the most skilled movers can end up causing damage to the property (door jams, bannisters and walls) and the piece(s) as well. These pieces have to be literally squeezed (forced) into the property because it is in some cases a physical impossibility to move these items in or out safely due to:-
1) The items weight coupled with its odd shape makes it hard to grip
2) The angles and confined/ small spaces make it hard for the movers to easily maneuver that kind of weight and shape effectively.
3) The narrow construction of accessways
This combination of factors often results or can result in walls/door jams/bannisters getting scuff marks, dings, holes or ripping the furniture. Customers will be informed of this potential for damage before the movers attempt to move the oversized item into or out of the premises.6b) Should our truck or men damage any part of your home office or other structure. 404Movers MUST have the right to first inspect the damage and have the opportunity to have our own vendors fix the damage or we may deny payment to yor vendor.
7-Changes can be made/added to this agreement at any time.
8–Moving valuation: Basic moving valuation of $0.60 cents per pound is included in every move free of charge, with all orders. Additional valuation is available, for an additional fee. The basic valuation means that the maximum payout on ALL items claimed is $0.60 cents per pound. Watch the valuation coverage video here https://404movers.com/valuation/9) DO NOT Repair, discard of or replace any items damaged during the move. In order for any item to be discarded or repaired or replaced by the client, the client must either:a) Have the written consent from 404Movers to do so OR b) Have received payment for the item from 404Movers.
10–Appliances and other electronic devices: 404Movers will not be held liable for any internal components of an appliance and/or electronic device. When moving appliances & electronics it can be necessary to tilt or turn these in a position that is other than upright. Doing this can cause loose components that are inside to go ahead and come loose. Also, vibrations in the truck can also cause components that may have already been loose to go ahead & come apart. Therefore, 404Movers does not warranty the internal components of any appliance or electronic device unless external damage is visible that would support damage. The Georgia Tariff further supports this stating that mechanical conditions are not known and therefore that any mover within the state of Georgia would not be liable for mechanical damage unless there is external damage to support the internal damage.
11–Weather and Traffic issues other delays: 404Movers is not responsible for weather traffic, construction, elevator issues, and other similar delays that are beyond our control.
12–Inspection of the truck at the conclusion of move: Clients have the right and responsibility, to conduct a thorough inspection of the box and cab of our truck, to ensure none of their items have been inadvertently left on the truck -before it pulls off!
1-Pressed wood/particleboard items will not be covered (i.e Ikea Style “Wood” Furniture) is an engineered wood product manufactured from wood chips, sawmill shavings, or even sawdust, and a synthetic resin or another suitable binder, which is pressed and extruded.
These items tend to come apart/break when moved due to it being so fragile, the slightest movement could destroy the piece due to the fact that it is made of wood chips and not proper wood. It will be the customer’s responsibility to disassemble and reassemble these items due to this inherent risk. 404Movers will NOT disassemble any pressed wood or particle-board item for a client because damage MORE OFTEN THAN NOT DOES OCCUR and they do not reassemble the way they were prior to. This furniture is not designed to be moved assembled and the problem is that when it is disassembled it often does not “put back” the way it was prior. The wood material has drilled holes with “nails” or screws that tend to chip or crack even with the utmost care. In short, it is not real wood and was not designed to last or to be handed down to your children let alone grandchildren because it is not proper wood.
2-Transportation of breakables without proper or recommended containers: Unpacked items of a fragile or breakable nature including, but not limited to, the following: mattresses, a glass of any kind, lamps, lampshades-pictures, mirrors, marble, granite, stone, pottery, LCD or plasma TV’s and artwork of any kind. MUST be packed in a proper box. Damage claims for such, will not be honored, unless items are packed or crated in the recommended container by the Carrier. Shipper accepts responsibility for any item that is placed onto our trucks without the proper packaging. 404Movers will always recommend proper containers for such items.
3. Disconnection or reconnection of washer, dryer, or any appliance. Water or plumbing damage may result to the owner’s premises or adjacent premises if appliances are not properly connected. Our movers are not plumbers, nor do they have certification to properly handle appliances. Shipper agrees to accept responsibility for any and all damage to owned, rented, and all adjacent un-owned or un-rented property real and personal property of others, should they insist that our company disconnects hooks up an appliance. 404Movers WILL NOT connect any gas appliance, under any circumstance! The carrier shall not be liable for any fire, water or any electrical or other related damage resulting from the disconnection or reconnection of any appliances. Shipper agrees to accept liability for any damage arising out of the disconnection or reconnection of appliances including but not limited to washers, dryers, refrigerators, icemakers or coffee makers even if Shipper requires, requests, permits or allows Carrier to perform such services.
4. Shipper’s property warranty: Shipper warrants all driveways, walkways, bricks, steps, pavers, tiles, decks, and floors are of sufficient strength and structure to permit safe moving. Shipper agrees to empty out all unfinished attic areas, themselves. Our movers are NOT permitted in unfinished attics and will not be held responsible for any items left behind in these areas. Shipper has not tendered any hazardous materials or chemicals to Carrier.4-b*Tree and Vegetation Damage Agreement**
1. **Understanding Risks**: The customer recognizes that our large moving trucks and equipment can pose risks to nearby trees and plants.
2. **Precautions**: Customers must inform our team of potential vegetation hazards. Overhanging limbs that may come into contact with our truck should be trimmed before our arrival. It’s the customer’s duty to manage these risks by pruning or trimming as necessary.
3. **Our Efforts**: We strive to prevent damage, but due to equipment size, minor accidents may happen.
4. **Damage Limit**: We’re not liable for vegetation damage unless due to our direct negligence. Our responsibility extends only to repair or replacement costs, capped at our insurance limit.
5. **Photo Evidence**: For clarity, customers should photograph areas of concern before and after the move.
5. Third-party services: Certain items must be professionally serviced/boxed or crated prior to being moved. This includes, but is not limited to; washers, dryers, icemakers, pool tables, marble and granite top items, large sculptures, grandfather clocks, copiers, computers or any other machinery with internal moving parts. Shipper understands that should they decide not to invest the money in having items properly serviced that it will be up to 404Movers, whether they can move these items or not (grandfather clocks, pool tables, computers, etc.). Furthermore, if these items are accepted for transportation against 404Movers recommendations for the proper and safe transportation of these items, it is understood that 404Movers will in no way, be held liable for any damage that occurs to these items.
5. PBO containers: Shipper acknowledges that Carrier is not responsible for damage to the contents of any container “packed by owner” (PBO) and not packed by the Carrier for this specific move unless external damage or other evidence of mishandling is noted at the time of delivery.
6. Unforeseen contingencies: Carrier is not responsible for any unforeseen contingencies including, but not limited to, traffic and weather.
7. Valuables: Carrier has limited liability for items of “extraordinary” value (greater than $100 per pound) including, but not limited to, the following: coins, currency, jewelry, stocks, bonds, precious metals, legal documents, or items with personal value. Carrier recommends these items be transported by Shipper. Carrier will have no responsibility whatsoever unless these items are specifically noted on the front of the bill of lading.
8-.Reserving elevators, certificates of insurance, etc. It is the customer’s responsibility to reserve elevators, loading docks or any other items that building management may require such as certificate(s) of insurance to move into the building. It is the clients (i.e your) responsibility to request these items from 404 Movers in a timely fashion. Any delays due to omissions by building management or client will not be 404 Movers responsibility.
9. Customers assisting movers! Customers often get extra “helpers” or they themselves try to help moving furniture! When the customer insists on “helping” any damages will not be honored because it creates a situation, whereby customer or their helpers may damage property, and/or furniture and placing blame for the damages, becomes he said she said, she or he did that then this happened…you get the picture…it becomes messy. Also, our worker’s comp ONLY covers 404Movers employees!
10. Repairs: If any article is lost, destroyed or damaged while in 404mover’s custody, we will, at our discretion, offer to do the following
(1) Repair the item(2)Replace with a similar item or(3)Make a cash settlement for the cost of the repair or the current market replacement value
Repairs by a customer that are not authorized by 404Movers will not be honored. 404Movers reserves the right o use our own in-house contractors for repairs.
11. Please print and/or download the information pamphlet below so that you fully understand your rights and responsibilities. 404 Movers as a licensed mover is governed by the Georgia Department of Public Safety!
12. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO READ ALL SECTIONS OF THIS DOCUMENT. FAILURE TO READ BEFORE SIGNING WILL NOT RELIEVE YOU OF ANY RESPONSIBILITIES OR RELIEVE 404MOVERS FROM PROTECTION THAT IS AFFORDED WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT!
At 404 Movers we believe that customers have the right to accurate and transparent information concerning local Atlanta Movers. We pride ourselves as being one of the best moving companies in Atlanta because we put you and your concerns first.